Okay the contest is officially closed as of 9AM (Pacific Time) Oct. 1st. Thanks so much for playing!
The winners will be chosen this afternoon (Oct 1st) and posted here tonight.
YES! FREE! Okay…Here is the deal. I have acquired a brand new soil scoop and a brand new tip bag that I just don’t need. (See photos and descriptions below.) They were gifts and unfortunately I already have both. Yes, I could just re-gift them at Christmas, but I thought it would be much more fun to give them away to my readers.
First, let me tell you about the tools:
The soil scoop is the new style with an easy-grip silicone handle. It looks just like this photo (except that it is green). What is a soil scoop? It is a handy digging tool with serrated edges for cutting through compacted soil or roots and it has a pointed tip for furrowing. I also use mine for scooping out potting soil, etc. The handle design makes it comfortable to hold. I checked on line and it usually retails for between $17-24 each. (Photo credit)
The tip bag is made for hauling grass clippings, leaves, weeding debris, etc. in the garden. It is also very handy for hauling laundry! It is called a “tip bag” because you tip it on its side to fill it up.The one I have to give away is the smaller version. It holds 10 gallons and is made of water-resistant polyester with a shoulder strap. When not in use, it collapses down flat for easy storage. The tip bag retails for about $19 on line. (Photo credit)
How will this work?
There will be two winners: one for each tool. I will pay shipping, because I am nice that way.
1) All you have to do is leave a comment on this post. In the comment, please tell me where you garden: city and state. If you just want to name your nearest major city (like “Los Angeles, CA”), you can or you can be more specific. It is up to you. I want to get a feel for where my readers garden. You can throw in your USDA or Sunset growing zone too, if you know it.
2) Be sure to include your email on the comment form. The email will NOT be posted! But I will need it to notify the winner. And I promise not to sell it, spam it or send you anything other than a “YOU WON” email.
3) Please only leave ONE comment.
4) You have until 9 AM (California time) Wednesday, October 1st to post a comment. My two boys are going to pick the two winners by pulling two numbers out of a hat…well, out of a bucket really. That number will coincide with the number of the comment on this post. (First comment is #1, etc.) They are excited to participate.
5) I will email the winner and post it here by 6 PM on Wednesday evening. I will ship on Friday.
6) So what’s the catch? No catch…honest. I just thought this would be fun!
7) Does being a friend of a friend of mine help? Absolutely NOT. The winner will be random — drawn from the bucket.
Sound good? Good Luck!